photo blogheader_zpstbffqjqe.jpg  photo about_zpsgiujxeiv.png  photo home_zpspagqab70.png  photo recipes_zpsdzbe1vbc.png  photo diy_zpsp4upu5gu.png

Monday, April 20, 2015

ahhh spring .... finally


can you believe i've never had a top knot before?
i've always loved seeing them on women's heads everywhere, but just never tried it.
well it certainly helps to have an almost teenage daughter who knows ALL about top knots
cause she's cool
and i'm getting old
it feels weird to say that


so last sunday she said mom i'll do a top knot for you
lemme show you 
:)
mkay.

so i've been on pinterest lately looking at pretty things for spring
since the weather here in upstate is just NOW turning springish
here's a few things i'm crushing on and want to try...

i just bought gold bobby pins at target to do this in my hair! so simple but so cute.


i wanna try any of these up-do's on my next day 3 of greasy hair

(sources 1 / 2 / 3 )

i try to only wash my hair 2-3 times a week
i went 2 months last year, shampoo free ... yeah that didn't work so much.
i used baking soda & water for the shampoo & vinegar for the conditioner ... it fried my hair. it took a long time to get it back to normal. i'm sure i was doing something wrong, but it really got me used to not washing my hair so much which i think is really all i needed to do. wash less.
(my hair that is. i'm a huge component of washing everthing else. 
i'm actually a nut case about it)

i tried the bouffant bun on the right a couple weeks ago ... it was easy! and turned out so so cute!  sometimes i get a head ache though when my hair is up. does that happen to you? or am i just weird ... i dunno. it's probably me.


and this one too. it's called a dragon braid.
not sure if i like it more because it's called a dragon braid or because it's so perfectly messy & pretty


so i had a jamberry party last week at my house ... it was so fun. if you know someone who sells jamberry, have a party! you get to hang with your girls and do your nails! it's so low key and no pressure like normal in home parties. and the nail wraps?! i'm officially addicted to them.
they're easy to put on, and take off. and mine lasted just about 2 weeks! here's some really cool combinations i pinned to my board

gold and mint green? yes please.


hearts?? navy? these too. yes.


i love this combo for summer ... so soft, so sweet and pretty


if you're wanting to purchase some of your own go here and you can order under my name (in the drop down menu during check out) and the wraps are buy 3 get 1 free! i'm so excited to have these on alllllllll summer.

i pinned this to my board too ... it's got lots of good tricks & tips for applying the wraps.
the cool thing is that each sheet of wraps has enough for 3-5 manicures depending on how you use them. as accent nails or as a full set. and they last for a couple weeks. i work with my hands so much that ordinary polish just doesn't cut it, it chips right away and i get crazy when i know my right hand isn't looking as neatly polished as my left so i usually don't even go to the trouble of painting my nails anymore




moving on to hair :)
i once had mermaid hair ... purple, teal and blue streaks. yup :)
i loved it so much ... but it was just too much to keep up with and it faded super fast



so i'm thinking of just doing something similar, but just more simple
loving purple in dark hair right now!

(sources 1 / 2 / 3 )

leggings are my jam. i mean really... can we ever go back to regular pants after this legging trend hits rock bottom? they're so comfortable that everytime i have to wear jeans i feel tortured.
#leggingsforlife
anyways. these are leggings. and they're cute leggings.
my only beef about leggings is that it's hard to find long shirts that cover my tush.
cause covering my tush is a must with leggings. just sayin.

(these were for sale on etsy but i can't find the shop anymore)


when it comes to makeup and clothes, i'm really a neutral girl.
i love love love color (obvs) but neutrals are my go to for any kind of lip product or eyeshadows.
love this nude lip tutorial

just got this shadow at target this weekend! it's so so pretty!



love this makeup & hair




i'm thinking about a tatoo here too. i'm picky about tattoos. what they are, where they are.
i'm kinda set on only using scripture for something as permanent as a tattoo
but that's just me ... that's my thing about tattoos
i like this one. but with a different verse... i have a couple in mind.





cute outfits for warmer weather!






this hair. dress. and Italy. what else is there? really
cept heaven of course. :)
someday i'll get to Italy. and sit at this fountain in a dress like this. yup. bucket list.

these shoes. navy is my fav right now. all the navy. and tassles?! 
bless.
(these are from here but i don't think they're available anymore. boo.)


and this skirt. well because hello. 

and those shoes with that skirt too.

now you know i'm really a crafty girl at heart, but i love clothes, hair & makeup too
it's another fun way to express your creativity on yourself!


there's lots on my boards. so make a cup of tea and settle in for a while and browse.
have you tried jamberry? do you love them? tell me please.
♥ much love


4 comments:

  1. Love this post! Everything is so fun and so very pretty!! :) Thanks for sharing!! I've been wanting to try a top knot too, so cute on you!! :) Wishing you a lovely day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much cute stuff in this post...don't even know where to start. Yes to Jamberry. I got the navy heart one and the peach herringbone one. Love the green polka dot top in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaime girl Love this post!! I have joined the pixie girls haircut. But my beautiful daughter has dark thick hair like you!! She can do so much with her hair too. I love when she puts the braids in her hair and some down. Up dos look good on her too. The pic of the green eye shadow looks so pretty I could do that one. I am a blonde so I am freaked out by the neutrals. I love green n brown n orange shadows. Pinterest is a blast n I waste to much time on it!! lol I have tried many things from Pinterest and I am happy with a lot of it. And maybe I could just wear neurtals!! Iol I am not a pastel girl very much at all. Love ya pretty lady. XOXO Fran.(thebagglady76 the stalker on your IG!! I finally got a tablet! and I just LOVE IG!!! you were right!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read this post and I have to agree....I get a headache when I wear my hair up. Especially in a ponytail. I think because it is so thick and heavy. I tend to use a clip most days to hold the weight. I just bought my second set of Jamberry nail wraps.....love them....you are right...they last at least 2 weeks...sometimes longer.

    ReplyDelete

comments ♥ i just love them and read them all (sometimes twice) (heehee) ...

Blogging tips